Peachtree Section of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America Welcomes You
Even though only 36 new Mercedes-Benz were registered in the U.S. in 1952, enthusiasts in Illinois began to talk of forming a club for Mercedes-Benz owners.
Several people had already joined the British Mercedes-Benz Club. In 1955 Daimler-Benz was contacted and permission was granted to use the name and trademark. A group from Chicago applied to London to split from the parent club and form a separate organization.
The Mercedes-Benz Club was established and chartered in 1956 and formally adopted the name "Mercedes-Benz Club of America, Inc."
Peachtree Section received its charter February 17, 1979 thanks to founder Jim Partain's perseverance and serves a large majority of Georgia including the Altanta metro area, northern Georgia and Augusta..
It all started with an impromptu meeting of nine 190SL owners in a Sears parking lot in September of 1978 and by charter night there were 140 members of the newly formed Peachtree Section.
Peachtree Section offers many events a year which include specialized technical sessions, driving events, and friendly social gatherings. The newsletter "Stars in Georgia" is published six times a year to all Peachtree members advising them of upcoming events.
Today MBCA has more than 30,000 members in more than 80 local sections across the nation!